Lord Buddha was born in a Hindu Kshatriya family. He was the son of King Śuddhodana, “an elected chief of the Shakya clan” whose capital city was Kapilavastu, which lies in Nepal today.
Below are ten unknown facts about Gautam Buddha Or Buddhism:
1) Buddhist monks are not allowed to kill any animal, for any reason, not even pests and vermin.
2) The 3 tallest statues in the world are of Gautam Buddha.
3) Moreover, In Japan, homosexual relations among Buddhist samurai and clergy were actually quite common.
4) Surprisingly there is one pilgrimage site in Sri Lanka which is holy or divine for all four major religions (Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism and Christianity) for a “sacred footprint.”
5) In Buddhism, suicide is believed as throwing away the valuable opportunity to generate positive karma.
6) Unlike many religions, Buddhism has no single central text that is universally referred to by all traditions.
7) The Thanboddhay Pagoda in Myanmar has 582,357 Buddha statues.
8) As per Buddhism, humans are a part of nature and not separate from it.
9) In Buddhism, Karma is the force that drives the cycle of suffering and rebirth for each being.
10) The historical Buddha was not obese. The”chubby Buddha” or “laughing Buddha” is a 10th Century Chinese folk hero by the name of Budai.
Besides this, About 7 million Buddhists are found outside of Asia.
1) Five Surprising Things You Might Not Know About Your Skin
2) Advantages And Disadvantages Of Drinking Coffee
3) Unknown Facts Or Lesser Known Facts About Sunny Leone
4) The Person With This Condition Should Not Eat Garlic
5) Interesting And Amazing Facts About Snakes